These are the easy to follow instructions for rooting the HTC Sensation 4G. While we have had great luck with this method please be aware that you follow these instructions at your own risk. The HTC Sensation 4G is currently one of the most popular android phones of 2011.
Your device must also be s-off in order for the instructions below to work. Most of the Sensations are s-on although once we have found a way to turn s-off on all sensations we will add that to these instructions.
Root Instructions for the HTC Sensation 4G:
- Download and install “Revolutionary” (found at http://revolutionary.io/)
- Finish using Revolutionary to unlock the bootloader then continue here
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your phone (settings … applications … development … check USB Debugging mode)
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled
- Make sure you have an SD card formatted and in the phone
- Transfer the APK on the phone and install it (download the apk here)
- Open the APK and press the root button
- Wait a few minutes and the device will reboot, be patient it can take a while (10 minutes or so)
- Make sure the Superuser app is install and working
- Congrats your HTC Sensation is Rooted!