The LG Optimus 2X is one of the more popular Android Phones of 2011. With so many users talking about this smartphone there is no doubt that a root method would exist. We have played with this phone and think its a good phone for most Android fans. If you are one of those that want to root your LG Optimus 2X we have the method below.
- Download the latest SuperOneClick.zip file to your Windows computer (download link)
- Extract the files from the .zip file into a new folder on your PC.
- turn on USB debugging (Settings -> Applications -> Development- > click USB Debugging)
- Plug your phone in to your PC via USB
- Open the folder with SuperOneClick and double click “SuperOneClick.exe”.
- Allow the process to run and enjoy being rooted.
We have not rooted the LG Optimus 2X’s ourselves but have seen many other users saying that this root method works. We are however not responsible for your use of this information and have to tell you that you assume all risks of following the steps above.