Install the Official Gingerbread Update on the HTC Incredible
Monday, August 22nd, 2011
While we were told that the HTC Incredible Gingerbread update would be pushed again and again the Official 2.3 Gingerbread update was leaked. We have this leaked version of Gingerbread for the HTC Incredible available now.
The version we have looks to be the final Official build from HTC. This is the version 4.06.605.2 build that Verizon states as the update version. This version also is baseband version 2.15.10.07.07. Please take note that this will wipe all user data.
NOTE: Your Incredible must be rooted to flash a custom ROM. For more information and instructions on rooting your phone use the following article:
Gingerbread Update Installation Instructions:
- Download the Gingerbread image (Download Link)
- Place it on the root of your SDcard
- Install “ROM Manager” from the Android Market
- Open ROM Manager and select Flash ROM
- Follow instructions until your phone automatically reboots
- Your phone will go into recovery mode as it installs, be patient
- Congrats you are now running Gingerbread on your HTC Incredible!