It’s finally that time for all of you Droid 2 owners out there to get your Gingerbread update. Go ahead and update your device and you will get Android version 2.3.3 Gingerbread on it. We were hoping for the newer Gingerbread 2.3.4 but hey at least Gingerbread is here.
Motorola Droid 2 Gingerbread Update Features:
- New Download Manager App
- Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications, as well as the storage and memory being used by each.
- Multi-Touch Key-Chording
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality:
- New User Interface and Color Scheme:
- New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Three swappable icons and the App Launcher icon are fixed to the dock at the bottom of all home screen panels for easy and instant access.
- New App Menu allows creation of custom app groups
- Added Device and SD Card encryption.
- VPN enhancements integrate IPSec VPN clients into device security settings
Motorola Droid 2 owners have already reported a significant speed increase as well as smoother transitions between apps. Please let us know how the update goes for you.