There is now a “One Click” root method for the Motorola Droid Pro running Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Previously you had to flash the device back to stock and then root it before flashing a Gingerbread ROM, but now its as easy as one click. Easily root the Droid Pro using the instructions below:
Take note that everything says Droid 3 although its the same one click method that the Droid Pro needs and is not a mistake.
Instructions to OneClick Root the Droid Pro:
- Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed
- Download and unzip ‘Droid 3 easy root script v5′ - (Download Link)
- Put your phone in USB Debugging Mode “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”
- Plug phone into computer and select “Charge Only” mode
- Navigate to “Droid 3 easy root” folder and run “Click to root your Droid 3.bat”
- Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot.
All credit goes to Framework43 and psouza4 for this method. This method is also thought to work on most other Droid Models as well.