This method will Unlock, Root, UnRoot and ReLock the Motorola Xoom MZ600. Rooting your Xoom Tablet may void your warranty and have posted these instructions for you to try at your own risk.
Instructions to root your Motorola Xoom Tablet:
- You MUST have your tablet in USB Debugging mode (settings -> applications -> development -> Click USB Debugging).
- Download Root My Xoom w Unroot (file is large because it has the stock system.img file in it) Download RootMyXoom w/ Unroot at http://www.mediafire.com/?150q43pkdtrh7m8
- Unzip everything in a folder on the root of your PC (example: c:/xoom/root)
- Run the Xoom One Click EXE tool and follow the instructions (please read the prompts carefully).
- Enjoy your Rooted Motorola Xoom
As always Android Advice is not responsible for any damage to your device and would like to remind you that rooting your device may void your warranty and we post this only for this that don’t care and want to try it.
Original Article can be found at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1011196