I am an advocate of healthy living in what you eat, how you exercise and just being informed in general about what is deemed healthy by Medicine and Science but proven to be unreliable in practice.
Facts to get you started:
- Its illegal in the US to treat cancer by any means other than chemotherapy, surgery or radiation.
- Only around 6% of doctors in the US have any formal nutrition training.
Not to get too personal but I lost my mother in January of this year (January 10th 2011) at the age of 53 to Leukemia and Health has been an important subject in my life since. I have since (after much research) learned that most cancers can be treated with high doses of Vitamin C (Gerson Institute). While I really don’t eat healthy nor do I exercise as I should its important that others know what resources are out there to improve their health.
I have been looking throughout Health related apps on the Market and have found a few that are worth using in your daily life.
- Ask Karen – While not specifically an app it is a mobile .gov site dedicated to answering your questions about food. Ever wanted to know if what you made for diner last night (that you accidentally left out all night) is still ok to eat? or maybe what is in pork that can be harmful to you if not stored properly. This is a great resource for these questions and more.
- Alternative Medicine Android App – Most people when not feeling well have conventional medicine as the first thought that pops into their head. While the pharmaceutical industry is a multi-trillion dollar industry they are businesses and interested more in your money than your actual health. If you think about it why would medicine ever want to cure you? If people could look past the quick fix and focus on the underlying issue they would see that the human body is built to heal itself. This being said there are alternative medicines out there that will help your body fight an illness and fix the underlying cause instead of masking it for a while.
- Super Foods Android App – This app will show you super foods that will help your body get all of the nutrition you need. While multi-vitamins are helpful in supplementing what your body needs they will not be as effective as they are in uncooked raw foods. These vitamins need to be in foods of higher doses to be truly effective and this app will show you what those super foods are.
While I have only mentioned a few resources here there are many out there and if I leave you thinking about better health I have done what I intended. Also please keep in mind the next time you go to the doctor and get a prescription that its a business that cares about temporary health not healing.