Welcome to Android Advice and Tutorials.
Unlock the Motorola Xoom Bootloader
Saturday, August 6th, 2011
The Motorola Xoom ships with a locked Bootloader but Motorola released a while ago the fact that its just locked and not encrypted. Below are the instructions to unlock your Xoom’s bootloader.
You need to have the Android SDK on your computer so you can use fastboot commands from it.
Instructions to Unlock the Xoom’s Bootloader:
- Power off your Xoom.
- Boot it into fastboot mode (Volume-Down + Power)
- Connect the Xoom to your computer via USB.
- Open a Command Prompt on your computer.
- Navigate to your fastboot folder
- Type “fastboot oem unlock”
- Follow the on-screen instructions on your tablet to confirm (use volume keys to highlight and the power key to select)
- Your Xoom will reboot once done.
- Congrats thats all your Unlocked