Verizon and Motorola are pushing out a major update to the bug riddled Droid Bionic. Motorola Droid Bionic users have been reporting bug after bug concerning stability, connectivity, camera and many others. Motorola has finally announced the update will be coming over the next few days.
Motorola Droid Bionic Update Features:
- Increased stability of data connection
- Improved transition between Wi-Fi to 4G to reduce lock ups
- Increased the number of devices supported by mobile hotspot to 8
- “Data Roaming” pop-up message will now display once when roaming in CDMA internationally
- Improved activation speed of a new SIM card.
- Improved ability, after changing SIM cards, to successfully log into social networking accounts and receive over the air software upgrades.
- Eliminated the high pitched tone sometimes heard when using a wired headset
- Media played on device can now be heard while using a Bluetooth® headset
- Reduced occurrence of random power cycles, including automatic power ups after power downs
- Improved phone stability when connected to a Bluetooth® headset or HDMI cable
- Corrected errors that required battery removal to recover from a frozen screen
- Improved the camera’s auto focus capabilities to reduce the shutter response time and enhance the quality of captured imagery
- Improved performance and stability of webtop experience when using a Lapdock
- Reduced instances where display would turn off during use
- Reduced frequency of the “Low Memory” warning message
- Ringtones purchased from the Verizon media store can now be saved to the device
- Lowered volume on the “Low Battery” alert tone while user is on a call
- Fixed errors to ensure contacts widget places calls to the appropriate contacts
- Improved reliability of Messaging app to display the latest contact information
- Apps can now be launched from the recent app group
- Corrected issue that removed shortcut to an app after it had been moved to the SD card.
As you get updates please let us know the improvements you notice along with any new issues that arise. With an update this size we are sure the device will be what it was meant to be but other bugs will come with it.