The Archos line of Android tablets may be mid line tablets but they have been a big player in the Android tablet game from the beginning just under the radar. They have made an impression with their G9 tablets by putting an almost pure version of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on the devices. Archos is now pushing out an update to their G9 80 and 101 tablets to bring the firmware version up to version 4.0.6.
Archos 80/101 G9 4.0.6 Firmware Update features:
- Wi-Fi: fix more disconnect cases happening on some access points
- GPS: increase stability of GPS
- HDMI: do not propose overscan setting when TV supports underscan
- muSD: improve reliability of card insertion detection
- muSD: fix read/write permission issue occurring with some applications
- Applications: fix platform reboot occurring sometimes after a while when using high CPU demanding applications
Don’t confuse Archos and their firmware version 4.0.6 with the Android OS version, it can be confusing. We hope that Archos at some point decides to change their firmware version to not be as close to Android version numbers. The firmware update it rolling out now so let us know when you get it and what you think about it.