If your getting the annoying “Package File is Invalid” when trying to install or update applications in the Google Android Market don’t worry it can be easily fixed. This also works with a few other errors that you might notice “No download at all” and “Download Unsuccessful”. This error comes from either your Market App’s cache memory being full or lack of space on your device for the download.
Fix the Google Android Market (“Package File is Invalid”):
- Make sure Android Automatic Restore is turned off (Settings -> Privacy)
- Go to “Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications
- Tap to show “All” Applications
- Scroll down to the Market App and tap it
- Tap “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data”
- Click “Uninstall Updates”
- Exit everything and reboot your device
- Your Error should now be fixed
NOTE: If you still have the “Package File is Invalid” error after the above steps were completed then follow the same instructions above with the Download Manager.
NOTE: If you are still at this point experiencing the error then you may need to check your internal storage and be sure its not full. As a last resort restore your phone to a stock ROM by doing a factory reset.
Hope this fixes everyones phones. Either way please let us know if you have any questions and results from the steps above. We have had this issue before and fixed it using these steps so it has been confirmed.