ClockworkMod on the HTC One X has been in the works for a while but is now available for the popular device. While you can get ClockworkMod Recovery on the HTC One X its not fully functional and what this means is that some of the processes need to be completed through the recovery and not the ROM manager itself. A few of the things that are still being worked on is USB mounting within recovery, charging while in recovery mode and flashing ROM’s within the ROM Manager. This being said everything worksas far as getting it setup to be abel to install custom ROM’s you will just need to follow the instructions below.
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on the HTC One X:
- First you will need to unlock the HTC One X Bootloader (Instructions here)
- Make sure you have the Android SDK installed (Installation Instructions)
- Download and extract fastboot to your PC (Download Link)
- Download the ClockworkMod Recovery Image to your fastboot directory (Download Link)
- Power off your HTC One X
- Hold Power + Volume down to boot into bootloader
- Use your volume buttons to select “fastboot” and power to select it
- Connect you HTC One X to your computer via USB
- Open a command prompt and type “fastboot devices”, press enter
- You should now see a device listed, this means everything is fine and you can continue
- Now type “cd c:/fastboot” (or wherever your fastboot folder is), press enter
- Type “fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-endeavouru.img”
- Wait for the process to complete then type “fastboot reboot” to reboot your One X
- Congrats you now have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your HTC One X!
Now that you have ClockworkMod recovery installed on your HTC One X you can install custom ROM’s and really do whatever you want with your HTC One X. If you have any issues or think that something needs to be shared to make this easier for others please leave it in the comments below.