If you have a Lenovo ThinkPad tablet you have been waiting for some time to get root access on the device and now its here thanks to Dan Rosengerg. Along with that Justin Case and utkanos have been able to get ClockworkMod Recovery to work as well without any bugs we can see. Please take note that to get ClockworkMod Recovery on working on the ThinkPad you will need an external SD card.
Instructions to Root the Lenovo ThinkPad:
- Make sure you have the updated drivers installed on your PC
- Put the tablet in USB Debugging Mode “Settings -> Applications -> Development”
- Download the Root Exploit (Download Link)
- Connect your ThinkPad to your PC via USB
- Make sure the screen is unlocked
- Extract the Root Exploit downloaded in step 3
- Run “run.bat” and follow on screen instructions
- Congrats your ThinkPad is Rooted!
If you have any issues please feel free to drop us a line as well as giving any input you have on the process.