Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Google Nexus 7 is actually a simple process that can be found below. If you have a Nexus 7 (or will be getting one) you will notice that there really isn’t a long drawn out process to mod anything on it being a pure Android experience.
How to Flash ClockworkMod Recovery on the Nexus 7:
- First you will need to Unlock your Bootloader (Instructions Here)
- Download CWM-grouper-recovery.img to your fastboot folder (Download Link)
- Open Terminal on Mac or Command promt on PC
- Navigate to your fastboot folder within the Android SDK
- Type “astboot flash recovery CWM-grouper-recovery.img”, press enter
- Type “fastboot reboot”, press enter
- Wait for your Nexus 7 to boot back up
- Now type “mount system”, press enter
- Type “adb shell”, press enter
- type “cd /system”, press enter
- type “mv recovery-from-boot.p recovery-from-boot.bak”, press enter
- Congrats you now have ClockworkMod Recovery on your Nexus 7!
As always follow the instructions at your own risk we cannt be held liable for their use. With this we welcome any questions or issues that you run into or anything you think should be added to help others understand the instructions better via comments below.