If you have a Nook Color and don’t want to install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich over the stock ROM then you can install CM9 on an SD Card and run ICS from that. The instructions to install CyanogenMod 9 on an SD card is a very simple process, does not require root, and sows not effect the Nook Color stock ROM.
- Download Win32DiskImager (Download Link)
- Download generic-sdcard-v1.3-ICS-large.img.zip (Download Link)
- Unzip Win32DiskImager and run the EXE file
- Click the blue folder icon and select the image file
- Under Device select your SD card
- Click Write to write the image
- Eject the SD card and plug it right back in
- You should now see a partition named “Boot”
- Download the Latest CM9 Nightly (Download Link)
- Copy the CM9 Nightly onto your SD card on the “Boot” partition
- Plug the SD card into your Nook and turn it on.
- The image on the sd card will install and the Nook will turn off
- Turn the Nook Color back on and enjoy CM9 from SD Card!
If you cannot connect to WiFi Go here to fix it:
After Installing CM9 to the SD Card you probably want the Google Market. To get the market and other Google Apps follow this article: