The HTC Inspire was a rather popular device on AT&T and is still owned by many that have a buggy version of Gingerbread on the device. If you are looking to get the CyanogenMod 7 version of Gingerbread on your HTC Inspire its a pretty easy process. All you need to do is follow the instructions below.
Install CM7 on the HTC Inspire:
- Your Inspire must be rooted (Root Instructions)
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery (Free on Market)
- Copy the CM7 ROM to your SDcard (Download Link)
- Open ClockworkMod and select “Boot into Recovery”
- Once you get the recovery menu select “wipe data/factory reset”
- Next select “wipe cache”
- Select “advanced” then “wipe dalvik cache”
- Go back to main menu and select “install zip from sdcard”
- Select “choose zip from scard” and select the cm7 ROM and confirm
- When flash is complete reboot your Inspire
- Congrats you are now running CM7 on your HTC Inspire!
Of course after you install CM7 on your Inspire you will need to install gaps to get the market and other Google Apps and flash it the same way you do CM7 … Gapps Download Link.
This is the Desire HD CM7 ROM which is the European version of your nice little HTC Inspire. When in CM7 it makes no difference and your good to go. Please let us know if you get hung up anywhere and if you have any questions.