Installing CyanogenMod 7 on the Samsung Captivate is a very simple process once you have the pre-requisites complete. CyanogenMod is by far the most popular ROM for Android devices and used by many supported phones as well as many still in Alpha’s and Beta stages. The Samsung Captivate CM7 ROM is officially supported by CyanogenMod and is fully functional on the device.
Before Installing CM7 on the Samsung Captivate:
- The Captivate must be rooted (Root Samsung Captivate with SuperOneClick)
- You must have ClockworkMod Recovery on the Captivate (Flash ClockworkMod Recovery to Samsung Captivate)
How to Install CM7 on the Samsung Captivate:
- Download the Latest version of CM7 (Download Link)
- Place the CyanogenMod update.zip downloaded on the root of internal memory
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery
- Once in Recovery select “Wipe data/factory reset”
- Then select “Wipe cache partition”
- When done select “Install zip from sdcard”
- Then select “Choose zip from sdcard”
- Select the update.zip you downloaded earlier
- Verify if it asks by selecting “yes”
- After install is completed select “go back”
- Finally select “reboot device”
- Congrats you now have CyanogenMod 7 on your Captivate!
By installing the ROM on your Samsung Captivate you will have the most recent Gingerbread operating system available on the device. You will notice an incredible speed increase and will feel as though you are using a new phone. We as always warn you to complete these instructions at your own risk but offer any help that you need.