First of all we want to thank the CyanogenMod team and Jokersax for all the work they have done to get a fully functional CM9 build ported to the Motorola Atrix 4G. The CM9 build for the Motorola Atrix 4G does have a few bugs but for most they will not even be noticed and I’m sure that the current beta build will be released as a stable build very soon as it works great.
Prerequisites to install CM9 on the Atrix 4G:
- Rooted Motorola Atrix 4G (How to root the Atrix 4G)
- ClockworkMod Recovery installed from the Android Market
- Unlocked Bootloader (How to Unlock the Atrix 4G Bootloader)
How to Install CM9 on the Atrix 4G:
- Download CM9 and move the zip file to your SDcard (Download Link) <- beta-0.1.0-2d-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Atrix-KANG-signed.zip
- Reboot your Atrix 4G into Recovery from ROM Manager
- When in Recovery select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache
- Navigate to install downloaded zip from SDcard
- Choose zip from SDcard and select the ROM
- Reboot your Atrix 4G
- Congrats your Atrix is on CM9 Ice Cream Sandwich!
After you have flashed your device to CM9 you will need to install Gapps to get all of the Google Apps required to access the Android Market etc (Download Gapps). You will flash Gapps the same way you did CM9 from steps 5 and 6.
If you have any issues installing CM9 on your Atrix let us know here and we will try to help you out. As always we are not responsible for the use of these instructions and you flash your device at your own risk.
And after the ROM is Installed this is what it looks like: