We want to thank the CyanogenMod team and Jokersax for all the work they have done to get a fully functional CM9 Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich build ported to the Motorola Photon 4G. The CM9 build for the Motorola Photon 4G does have a few bugs but nothing that will effect its everyday use. To Install ICS on the Photon follow the instructions below.
PLEASE WAIT FOR AN UPDATE TO THESE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE ATTEMPTING. IT SEEMS THERE ARE SOME KEY ITEMS THAT ARE MISSING.
Prerequisites to install CM9 on the Photon 4G:
- Rooted Motorola Photon 4G (How to root the Photon 4G)
- ClockworkMod Recovery installed from the Android Market
- Unlocked Bootloader (How to Unlock the Photon 4G Bootloader)
How to Install CM9 on the Photon 4G:
- Download CM9 and move the zip file to your SDcard (Download Link)
- Reboot your Photon 4G into Recovery from ROM Manager
- When in Recovery select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache
- Navigate to install downloaded zip from SDcard
- Choose zip from SDcard and select the ROM
- Reboot your Photon 4G
- Congrats your Photon is on CM9 Ice Cream Sandwich!
If you have any issues installing CM9 on your Photon let us know here and we will try to help you out. As always we are not responsible for the use of these instructions and you flash your device at your own risk.