If you search for Gapps for the Nook Color or how to install Google Apps or Android Market you will get some very large Gapps files but everything within these aren’t needed for all devices. In the case of the Nook Color you will not need the full Gapps for example NFC support would be useless and in most cases causes the Nook to bug out on ROM startup since there is no NFC support. You will also notice that the facial recognition unlock is gone as well, since the Nook Color has no camera this could cause issues if turned on. The file below is to install the Google Market, Talk, etc. on the Nook Color.
Make sure your Wifi is working and is connected before beginning the process below. If your Wifi has issues follow this article: Nook Color Wifi Fix on CM9
- Turn off your Nook Color and remove the SD card
- Place your SD card in your PC
- Download the Current Gapps zip (Download Link)
- Place the downloaded file in the boot partition of your SD card
- Turn on your Nook Color and hold the power button for menu
- Select Reboot into recovery Mode
- Once booted into recovery select “install zip from SDcard”
- Then select “choose zip from SDcard”
- Choose the Gapps file
- Once complete, reboot the Nook Color
- Sign in to the Market
If there are any issues with the installation of Gapps on your Nook Color please let us know so that we can adjust the instructions as needed. We have tested this and have had a flawless experience each time so this should be rather straight forward.