Root Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX (MAC / Linux)
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012
The root method for the Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX on OSX or Linux is a one command process created by Dan Rosenberg that requires no knowledge of ADB to complete. If you are not an Android expert these instructions to root the RAZR on a MAC or Linux machine are perfect for you.
How to Root the Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX (Linux / OSX):
- Download and extract the Exploit (Download Link)
- Put your RAZR (MAXX) in USB Debugging Mode “settings -> applications -> development”
- Plug your RAZR (MAXX) into your Computer via USB
- Make sure your device is in “Charge Only” mode
- Open the directory you extracted the exploit into from Terminal
- Run the “run.sh” file
- Congrats your Droid RAZR (MAXX) is Rooted!
We are as always not responsible for the use of these instructions and should follow them at your own risk. This method has been tested. Please feel free to ask any questions in the form of a comment below.