Sprint plans on rolling out a program for their customers that will buyout their current contract early with a small fee to upgrade. The program will reset their early upgrade eligibility so users can sign a new two year contract and upgrade their device. The program will be available to Sprint customers between 2/12/2012 and 04/14/2012.
Customers that are not Eligible for the Upgrade Buyout:
- Customers that have upgraded less than eight (8) months ago
- Corporate Accounts
- Customers in collections
- Airave and tablet accounts
- iDEN devices
Fee Breakdown for customers planning on using the buyout:
- $165 – Customers with a 9-11 month old contract
- $125 – Customers with a 12-14 month old contract
- $95 – Customers with a 15-17 month old contract
- $55 – Customers with a 18-21 month old contract
- $36 – All others
This is good news for Sprint and its customers. With all of the new devices available you can surely find one you would rather have than the old one your working off of right now.