The Nook Color runs CM9 very well from an SD card but it doesn’t come with issues for some people. One of the common issues is the fact that the Nook Color’s Wifi seems to have issues connecting. If you have flashed CM9 to an SD card for the Nook Color and Wifi isn’t working don’t stress the fix is rather easy.
- Power off your Nook Color
- Remove the SD card and put it into your computer
- Navigate to the partition on SD card that contains the “etc” folder
- Go into “etc/wifi/”
- Open “tiwan.ini” using any text editor as administrator
- Find “WifiAdhoc = 1″ and change it to “WifiAdhoc = 0″
- Save the file and close it (check to be sure your changes saved)
- Put the SD card back into your Nook and turn it on
- You can now connect to WPA and WPA2 secured networks
This fix comes courtesy of XDA member EAK128 and seems to work for most people that have the connection issues with Wifi on the Nook Color. Those that still have connection issues should leave us a comment with a detailed description of their issue and we will do our best to help you out.