Many of us drop our tablets from time to time and most of us are worried about repairing ourselves. This being said the process to replace the screen on the Samsung Galaxy Tab or Tab 2 is a very easy process that anyone can do themselves. All you have to do is take the time to order a replacement screen, which sells for around $35-$40. Also the process takes no special tools.
Instructions to Replace the Screen on Samsung’s Galaxy Tab and Tab 2 10.1:
- First you will need only 3 tools, a razor knife, a putty knife (or something else thin and strong enough to pry with) and a blow dryer or heat gun.
- Use the putty knife and pry the back off of the main tablet components (as shown in video above)
- Set the back of the Galaxy Tab to the side and flip over the tablet you just removed
- Unclip the middle cable as shown in the video above
- Flip the Galaxy Tab back over and heat around the tablets frame (black part around screen)
- Use the razor knife to cut the glue between the screen/digitizer and LCD (as shown in the video)
- Remove the broken screen and clean the LCD to your satisfaction.
- Place the new screen in place in the correct orientation as the previous screen
- flip the tablet back over and plug the cable back into the tablet.
- Set the main tablet and screen into the backing
- Be sure to re-clip the tablet to the backing all the way around (you will hear snapping sounds as you do this)
- Turn your Samsung Galaxy Tab on and play with your like new tablet!
If you have any issues during the process please feel free to comment here as well as watching the video above to be sure you understand the process.