Welcome to Android Advice and Tutorials.
Motorola Droid 3 owners have had to deal with quite a few bugs since its release and Verizon has finally came out with an OTA update to fix them. This update will bring the Motorola Droid 3 to version 5.6.890 and adds Google Talk with Video chat. Verizon announced the software update 5.6.890.XT862.Verizon.en.US yesterday in an official communication.
Droid 3 Update Fixes and Features:
- Improved audio clarity for incoming calls and navigation
- Google Video Talk now comes preloaded
- Streaming video is now available within the NFL Mobile app
- SWYPE® keyboard cursor no longer skips to auto signature
- Improved camera shutter speed and addition of multi-shot capability
- Improved stability reduces camera, browser and device lockups/force close
- Display screen no longer flickers
- GPS updates now install properly
- When display is locked and rotating camcorder is in use, the display is no longer distorted
- Device no longer overheats after prolonged use of camera or camcorder
- Device no longer force closes while in Landscape Mode and the Apps Tray button is selected
We are glad to see this update to improve the Droid 3 experience. Please let us know if the update goes smoothly for all of you Droid 3 users.
I know we just released an article showing Droid 3 owners how to root their device through adb but it seems that a OneClick method was released a few hours later. Below are the instructions and downloads for the OneClick Droid 3 Root Method.
Instructions to OneClick Root the Droid 3:
- Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed - (Download Link)
- Download and unzip ‘Droid 3 easy root script v5′ - (Download Link)
- Put your phone in USB Debugging Mode “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”
- Plug phone into computer and select “Charge Only” mode
- Navigate to “Droid 3 easy root” folder and run “Click to root your Droid 3.bat”
- Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot.
All credit goes to Framework43 and psouza4 for this method. This method is also thought to work on most other Motorola Droid Models as well.
The Droid 3 has been out for a little while now and has finally been rooted. The Droid 3 is supposedly one of the most powerful phones currently available with a 1GHz dual-core OMAP Processor running Android Gingerbread 2.3.4. All props go to drjbliss over at XDA for the root method.
UPDATE!!! … There is now a Easy OneClick Root Method available for the Droid 3. Please go to the following article to Easily Root your Device:
Motorola Droid 3 OneClick Root Method
Insrtuctions to Root the Motorola Droid 3:
- Log in to the device using “adb shell” and type the following commands:
- mv /data/local/12m /data/local/12m.bak
- ln -s /data /data/local/12m
- Reboot your Droid 3 by pressing the power button.
- When it wakes up, log in using “adb shell” again, and type the following:
- rm /data/local/12m
- mv /data/local/12m.bak /data/local/12m
- mv /data/local.prop /data/local.prop.bak
- echo “ro.sys.atvc_allow_netmon_usb=0″ > /data/local.prop
- echo “ro.sys.atvc_allow_netmon_ih=0″ >> /data/local.prop
- echo “ro.sys.atvc_allow_res_core=0″ >> /data/local.prop
- echo “ro.sys.atvc_allow_res_panic=0″ >> /data/local.prop
- echo “ro.sys.atvc_allow_all_adb=1″ >> /data/local.prop
- echo “ro.sys.atvc_allow_all_core=0″ >> /data/local.prop
- echo “ro.sys.atvc_allow_efem=0″ >> /data/local.prop
- echo “ro.sys.atvc_allow_bp_log=0″ >> /data/local.prop
- echo “ro.sys.atvc_allow_ap_mot_log=0″ >> /data/local.prop
- echo “ro.sys.atvc_allow_gki_log=0″ >> /data/local.prop
- Congrats your Droid 3 is rooted!
Motorola Droid 3
CDMA2000800/1900, EV-DO Rev. A
July 14, 2011
Motorola Droid 2
4.9″ H x 2.5″ W x .5″ D
Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread
1 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 SoC processor
16 GB flash ROM
512 MB RAM
16 GB onboard phone
Max 32 GB
1540 mAh internal rechargeable removable lithium-ion polymer battery
960 × 540 px TFT LCD
4 in (100 mm), 16:9 aspect ratio
1080p Video recording
VGA (0.3 megapixel) fixed focus color camera
3.5 mm TRRS
Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n)
Micro USB 2.0
Motorola Droid 3 (Verizon)
Currently there is no way to unlock the Motorola Droid 3 bootloader although Motorola has promised a method by the end of this year. This being said we will be looking for this method soon since the Atrix will be getting its bootloader unlocked this month with its Gingerbread update.
If there is a bootloader unlock released by anyone in the Android community before the official one is released we will post it here. We are watching you XDA … we can only assume XDA Developers will be the ones with it if ever available.
Check back for the official or un-official bootloader unlock method, we will post it here either way.
Motorola Droid 3 (Verizon)
The Motorola Droid 3 over the last few months has had many rumors, leaks and other speculation on features and specs. Even with the vast amount of rumors it hasn’t really received much hype within the Android Community.
Some of the Pros of the Motorola Droid 3:
- Five row slide-out keyboard
- 4 inch qHD display (960×480 touch screen)
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread out of box
- Dual-core processor
- 16 GB internal memory
- 8MP camera with 1080p HD video
Some of the Cons of the Motorola Droid 3:
- Does not support Verizons LTE 4G network
- Front camera seems a bit weak
Verizons Motorola Droid 3 is a powerful smartphone although it doesn’t seem to be much more than a slight upgrade from the Droid 2. We have come to expect more from Motorola and are a bit disappointed if for no other reason than the lack of 4G capabilities. We must however say that this is a strong device with many positive features outside of connectivity to the LTE Network.
NOTE: We would like to clarify that the lack of 4G capabilities should not be a deal breaker due to the fact that not only will the average user not notice the speed difference but its still not available in most places. The Droid 3 is again a very solid device.
Droid 3 Launch July 7th Online and 14th in Stores!
From all the buzz around the Android community the Motorola Droid 3 will be available July 7th and 14th. July 7th you will be able to start ordering online and by July 14th you will find them in Best Buy and some Verizon Wireless stores. There is also a chance according to thedroidguy that it may only be pre-order the 7th but we like him will go with the order being available then.
The Motorola Droid 3 Features:
- 5 row QWERTY Keyboard
- 4 inch qHD Display
- OMAP 4 processor
The Droid 3 has 27% better multitasking than the Droid 2 along with 26% more pixels and 30% faster graphics as well. We will go ahead and assume that most people with the Droid 2 will upgrade instead of waiting for the update to their older devices.
Looking at all the posts and pictures of the Motorola Droid 3 most of us weren’t sure if it was real. This being said there are many reasons to keep up with this device as it seems it will be available. TechnoBuffalo has somehow gotten hold of some of the features that will be included on this new device.
Motorola Droid 3
The Droid 3 Features leaked so far:
- 4-inch qHD Display
- Full sliding QWERTY keyboard with number buttons
- Tegra 2 dual-core processor (we really hoped for the Tegra 3)
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera
- Front-facing camera for video-chatting
The Motorola Droid 3 for reasons unknown will not support Verizon’s 4G LTE Network. We will release more information as we are made aware.